Monday, November 28, 2011

There is Gonna Be A PARTAY!

A dear friend of mine came to serve at Nothing Lost Outreach on Thanksgiving Day.  After one visit, just like so many others, she saw the very Hand of God and she knew she wanted to be a part.

Please read the following invitation she has made to each and every one of you.  It is lengthy, but it is important you read every word.

IF you have a blog, I ask you to please share this post.  Lets take this nation wide, and provide for the men and women on the streets.

On Thanksgiving Day, the City of Pensacola Police Department went through all the camps (in the City), giving them 24 hours to get out or have their belongings burned. 

There are hundreds and hundreds with nothing. 

Here is your invitation and a list of gifts she would like to have . . . .

I will be 50 years old in 50 days! How exciting! 

This time, I'd like to do something different. 

I want presents!!! 

Lots of them!!! 

Since Christmas is coming, I'm sure many of you would like to upgrade some things at your home. If so, I'd like your old bicycles, tents, blankets and clothes. 

Don't forget shoes - work boots are great! 

I'd also like some socks and new underwear - ladies and men's sizes small - large.  NEW PLEASE!

Adult medium size Depends would be cool! 

Jackets and coats would be on my list too.  

I'd also like a few dog kennels - 2 large ones and 2 small ones. 

I would like your paper bags from the grocery store and some storage tubs.

Do you have any shelves that I can have??? 

I would like to have some chain link and posts to build a kennel or two or three.  I'll probably need a few bags of quickcrete for that too. And I'll need whatever it is that you use to connect the chain link to the posts! 

I know that I'm asking a for a lot, but I'm asking for a good reason. 

You may have a lot of this stuff just laying around. 

If you would like to bless me with a few birthday presents, you could drop them by the church where I work - Robin Pitsenbarger, C/O Pine Summit Baptist Church, 2920 Bellview Ave., Pensacola, FL, 32526. 

If you had stuff to mail, you could use the same address. I'm so flexible (call me Gumby!) that I'll come pick it up!

Now let me tell you about my Thanksgiving Day.

I went to Nothing Lost Outreach to serve Thanksgiving dinner to some homeless folks. I met Gunny and Walt there. Gunny needed some new pants, socks and some Depends. He has some health issues and hospice was able to give him a walker. Walt was there looking out for Gunny. I heard later from my friend Stacey that when everything was over and she was going home, she saw Gunny going down the road and he gave his extra food we had given him to another homeless guy on the side of the road.

I also met Jay. He needed some boots and God had let Stacey know she needed to bring them that day even though she didn't know anyone needed them (the exact size).

I went back over there today. I wanted to make sure that Jay got a tent. I had found only 2 at Wal-Mart the other day for $16.88 each.

There was another guy that needed a tent so I decided to run over to the Wal-Mart on 29, which is right around the corner. They didn't have any 2-man tents. The next size up was $34.88.

Did I mention that it's raining outside today? 

My heart was broken. 

I picked up a tarp for $20 and headed to the cashier. 

She had on those silly reindeer antlers. I told her that she was the first thing that made me smile in that store and I needed one. She asked me if I found everything I needed and I told her no, I hadn't found anything that I needed. She asked what I was looking for and I told her. She called over another lady who had them check in the back of the store. She then called the manager over. He went in the back and then called up front for me to go back to the sports section. 

He asked me if the 4-man tents would do - for $16.88! 

He gave me 2 of them for that price!!!!!

I was in tears by that time. You see, it's not just about being able to help someone else out, it's about how often I see Jesus in the people that selflessly help out a stranger

I know some of the things on my list sound strange, like the kennels; BUT, folks can't bring their dogs in. I really don't want them to miss out on hearing the gospel just because they can't bring their dogs. 

Will I be back next Sunday? Yes, my van already has another tent, some blankets, clothes and shoes in it. I can hardly wait!

Now, I know this is a pretty long note but I hope you have taken the time to read it. 

If, by chance, you have some cash left over, I wish that you would keep KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children  on your mind and send them a donation. I have recently gone through some training with them and have more coming up. What a great group of people! You can send donations to: KlaasKIDS, 9260 Cove Ave,Pensacola, FL 32534.

Thank you for making this my best birthday ever! I've learned that it's not all about me, it's all about God!

Love each and every one of you!

NOW!  How is THAT for a life that has been changed by the very HAND OF GOD!

Let's make this the best birthday ever for Robin!

No comments: