Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday Weigh In and Yahweh Yireh!

Every Friday brings me a touch of nervousness.  While I am excited to see how much weight was lost, there is always that tinge of anxiousness in the "what ifs."  Regardless of the outcome, I know right choices are being made.  This week, for the first time since May 23rd, the Lord allowed me to have a taste, one simple bite of a piece of pie.  Kayla couldn't believe I could have one bite and walk away, frankly, I couldn't either!  BUT I DID AND IT WAS REMARKABLE!  I didn't have to stuff my face, or gorge for that deep gut feeling that leaves one miserable and unable to breathe!  In fact, since He rewarded me with that simple (yet SPECTACULAR) taste, the desire to have more never crossed my mind.  In fact, it is still sitting in the fridge, and it's NOT calling my name either!  That was a HUGE victory in my battle of food!

For some reason my goal counter is showing 44lbs; it should read 43.5.  I lost 2.5lbs this week!

Now, on a COMPLETELY different note, but a much needed one . . .

Several weeks ago a friend gave me a journal, "Praying the Names of God."  I've only worked on two names, but today, wanted to focus on The "Provider."  I am not educated in the studies of the scriptures, and quite frankly can not pronounce ANY of the Hebrew translations; but I do try to learn  more about the God I serve.  The good thing about blogging is I only have to type and not read aloud what I am writing!  Ha!

As I was flipping through the journal studies, I saw, "The Lord Will Provide, YAHWEH YIREH."

Here is what I read:

"The Hebrew word raah (RA-ah, from which yireh is derived) means "to see."  In this case, it is translated as "provide."  Since God sees the future as well as the past and the present, he is able to anticipate and provide for what is needed. 

Wait a minute . . . what was that?!  OK.  Let me repeat that . . .

"SINCE GOD SEES THE FUTURE . . . .

AS WELL AS THE PAST . . . . .

AND THE PRESENT . . . . .

HE IS ABLE TO ANTICIPATE AND PROVIDE FOR WHAT IS NEEDED."

Wasn't that good!  But that's not all!

Interestingly, the English word "provision" is made up of two Latin words that mean "to see beforehand."  When you (I) pray to Yahweh Yireh, you (I) are (am) praying to the God who sees the situation beforehand and is able to provide for your needs.

Key Scripture:

Genesis 22: 13-14, Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns.  he went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son.  So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide.  And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided."

The reason I have reflected on the word "Provider" is because of His obvious provisions in my family's life over the last year, but especially recently.  The Lord has allowed me to experience a place I have never experienced before.  He has allowed/placed my family in a position of complete and utter dependence on Him. (Don't hear me say I am blaming Him, there are consequences to every action . . . good consequences, bad consequences . . . whatever it is; and then there are life lessons the Lord just wants us to learn. . . . . )  

In years past we have always bought a few extra school supplies for those not able to get them.  This year, we were not able to do that; in fact, this year, we were going to have to go to the school and ask them to help with school supplies.  But we didn't have to do that because "God sees the future as well as the past and the present, he is able to anticipate and provide for what is needed." 

Yeap, you guessed it.   He provided without me even having to ask.  I was dreading the embarrassment, dreading the shame . . . But. God.  My God.

Today I picked up a box, not only full of school supplies, but also a book bag and lunch box for Kaitlyn; goodies for Christopher (he is being home-schooled; his needs are different than Kaitlyn's), AND Kayla!! 

I saw one need.  God saw three  . . . no, God saw four.  He saw three precious children's needs and their mother's need for them to be OK. 

To the ones that were used to provide these supplies, thank you.  Thank you for seeing my children were no different than the others, thank you for the book bag and lunch box that Kaitlyn carried around all evening.  Thank you for helping with Christopher's needs and whoever put that whistle in the bag . . . well, you get the picture (lol); and for Kayla's too.  Thank you. 

In life one seldom knows the impact one has made on another.  I can tell you today, my children have seen the Hand of God, Yahweh Yireh!

Hallelujah!

No comments: