Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yes, Jesus Loves Me . . .

When I came to know the Lord as my personal Savior at the age of 28, I didn't know any 'church' songs and I surely didn't know to claim scriptures over my life.  The only thing I did know was a song . . .  "Jesus Loves Me."  During the first few months of my sobriety and new life, I would wake up from night mare after night mare.  There was a literal battle over my soul and I would wake up terrified.  Not knowing what to do, I would sing the only song I knew, and that was "Jesus Loves Me."  I would eventually fall back to sleep. 

I've taught my children, all three of them, that when they get scared at night, to sing that song.  I've experienced the sweetness of hearing Kayla and Christopher both singing the song through their fears.  Makes me smile and brings a little bit of comfort to a momma's heart.

This morning, for the first time in a long time, my soul is rested.  This song came to my mind so I found it on youtube.  If you would like to listen to it, you must first scroll down to the bottom of this page and mute the music box that is playing, then click here to listen.

There are several renditions of this song, but this morning, the sweet child like faith of this song caught my attention.  It doesn't matter how old you are, or where you are in this walk of life, Jesus wants us to come to Him with that sweet, child-like faith.

Matthew 19:14, Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

I pray, if you are reading this and you don't know Him, that you would know Him today. 

Jesus loves you. 

The Bible says in Romans 3:23 that we are all sinners.  No one can do good enough to enter the presence of Jesus.

Ephesians 2:8 says "by grace you have been saved, through faith."

Jesus died on a cross and burdened our sins.  Three days later He beat death.  He did it for you.  He did it for me. 

The Bible says in Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

"Father I pray for the ones reading this right now that don't know you, that you would prick their hearts to have more than just a head knowledge, but a heart knowledge.  This is my prayer in the name of Jesus who reigns above all, Amen."

No comments: