Friday, September 17, 2010

My Son

I just got home from my son’s IEP.  All I can say is, “Oh heaven.”  The ‘developmentally delayed’ labeled is being removed from my son.  He is now being given the ‘label’ “Gifted.”  Yeap.  Gifted.  He tested 135 on the nonverbal skills and an overall 130 over all.  He tested 3 1/2 times more than the average score for a kindergartener AND off the chart for another test score!  He will be taken to another school once a week to grow in the gifted area.  Once he reaches the 3rd grade, he will be in the PATS program.  The gentleman that is over the gifted program said he has  NEVER seen a score that high for a kindergartner!

He will continue in speech 4 times a week.  The speculation for his behavior issues is because we still can’t understand exactly what he is trying to say.  Now, that is not to say there aren’t issues, because we know there is, in fact, after Christmas they are testing for the Asperger’s Syndrome to go along with the doctor’s speculation.

Now, if we could just get the right medication in him!

I have more information, but it’s time for me to get the baby girl from her Pre-K and get some errands done.

Just had to brag on my son.

Stacey

1 comment:

Stacey,momof 2 said...

VERY....VERY happy for you!
and proud from afar! :)