Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear Lord, Forgive Me Please

This morning I found myself overwhelmed, crabby, and just simply unhappy.  I didn’t get to sleep until after 1 a.m. again, so when my husband woke me at 6:30 I was rather crabbish.  I was complaining about EVERYTHING.  I complained about having to go here and go there, I complained about the cat that was injured and required an appointment to the vet, complained about sick kids, complained I couldn’t get my AVON done, complained about . . . . . well, you get the picture. 

My quiet time  you ask, well, it quickly turned into non-existent with life’s uncertainties and my lack of planning.  Shameful on my part.

Shortly after getting my husband to his destination this morning, the Lord quickly spoke, “Are you not thankful  for what I have done and am yet to do in your life?”  Ouch.  My Lord loves me enough to put me in check.

Today, so today, this very moment, I must thank the Lord for this gorgeous day He gave us.  I am thankful for the day job the Lord gave my husband; I am thankful for the car the Lord provided for my husband to get to that job and that he didn’t have to get on the bus at 5:30 a.m. to get there; I am thankful for a vet that cares enough about our family and our pets that they gave us a discount on this morning’s bill; I am thankful none of my kids go to bed hungry, I am thankful for a roof over my head, the windows open, the cool breeze and the shade; I am thankful for the ten toes I have on my two feet (left feet they are, but nonetheless, very thankful); I am thankful for my fingers that can type without looking and my children, oh how thankful I am that I have three children that do get sick and then get well.  I am thankful for what is so yet to come for I know the Lord will see us through.

Thank you Lord. 

No comments: