Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To LOOK Like Jesus OR To BE Like Jesus…. That is the questions!

My son walked in with a t-shirt in his hands. He wanted me to wash it. The shirt was torn in strips. I explained to him if I washed it, then the shirt would fall apart even more. I then asked him, "Christopher, Why did you tear up your shirt? Isn't that one of your favorites?" He then said to me, "I want to look like Jesus."
I couldn't believe my ears.
For nearly three years I have been nurturing and teaching, well, trying to nurture and teach, that Jesus loves him, that He died for us so we could be forgiven and live with Him in Heaven.
I told him after this amazing encounter, "That it was much more important to be Jesus on the inside, cause if Jesus is on the inside, the Jesus will shine through"
We talked for more, later this evening I received some much needed guidance. The last thing I wanted to do was persuade his decision to receive Christ as his Lord and Savoir, but I also didn't want to miss the opportunity to lead my son to the Lord.
So, this is where we are.
I believe with all my heart that today, my son took a step closer to knowing God! I was taught some key things to listen for; to continue teaching and guiding, which is what will be done.
Just had to share this exciting moment with ya'll. I am truly blessed.

No comments: