Tuesday, January 1, 2013

When God Speaks, I Break Tradition . . . .

I quit making New Year's Revolutions many years ago.  Seemed I never took it seriously and never accomplished anything I set out to do.  BUT, several years ago, the Lord starting revealing something new to me the month of my birthday . . . . . something for me to do for/during the coming "birthday" year.

I can't remember what it was when I turned 39, but, when I turned 40, the Lord told me to glorify Him in all things.  That became my goal; to make sure God would receive the glory in all things in my life.  That meant exposing some truths I wouldn't normally expose, but God guided the words and gave ample opportunity for Him to be glorified.

This past year, the Lord spoke to me about purifying my life; cleaning out the closets . . . . literally and figuratively.  Cleaning house and being "ready."  He then gave me the scripture to back what He was telling me.  Oh it wasn't a pleasant one, but needed.  I am thankful for a year in which to work on this task, as it is a tough one for me; but He will see me through.

But then, something strange happened just a few days ago.  On December 28, 2012, the Lord woke me at 4:45 a.m. and spoke two commands into my soul.  I immediately knew it was Him.

1.  Hold your husband's hand more.

2.  Seek me in everything.

"But Lord, I don't make New Year's Resolutions!"  I thought.

"This is not a resolution, it is a goal.  A command."  said the Lord.

I chuckled at the first one, but I knew my Lord had been preparing me to love my husband better; to be a better wife.  I know "holding your husband's hand more" might seem silly to some, but for me, it takes a constant effort.  Touch is not my love language, so I often forget that it is the one love language my husband needs.

In regards to the latter of the two, this morning, while flipping to Psalms, the Lord stopped me at Psalm 105.  I was looking for a Psalm or Proverb that hadn't been marked up . . . . . .looking for something "new."  While Psalm 105 is marked in, He did show me something "new," and He confirmed what He spoke into my soul just a few days ago..

Psalm 105: 1-5, "1 Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; proclaim His deeds among the peoples.  2 Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell about all His wonderful works!  3 Honor His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.  4 Search for the Lord and for His strength; seek His face always.  5 Remember the wonderful works He has done."

In my Bible, next to verse 4, the words "in all things" are written.

How can I not smile at that?

Happy New Year to all reading this.  May God bless you, teach you, and grow you in the year 2013!

Stacey

No comments: