Thursday, October 11, 2012

Son's of God

Many years ago, when I was cleaning houses full time and going to school, I cleaned for a senior saint, Mildred Parks.

I adored her.

She always had something to share with me, always wanted to teach and always had something wise to say.

One day she was completely out of character and suggested I clean all her pictures with a wet washcloth!  I thought she was crazy, but she insisted, so I did.  I had to redo the pictures the next time I cleaned because they were so dirty.

Besides the picture frames, there is one other "thing" that sticks out when I think about Mildred Parks.

One day, she reached for her Bible and opened it to I John 3:1.  I had a different translation, and that wasn't what she wanted.  She wanted the King James because of the wording.

As I started to read it, she said, "No.  You are reading it wrong.  The word, 'Behold' needs to be read with boldness."

"BEhold, what manner of love the Father has bestowed upon us, that WE should be called the sons of God . . . . ."

In other words, "What an honor, that we, are loved so much, that we should be called, sons of God."

If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will!

No comments: