Sunday, July 15, 2012

Are You Delusional?


God spoke this morning.

We were all up late last night; I wanted to veg at home and start getting ready for my Kayla and her Jacob.  In case I haven't mentioned it, they will be here next Sunday.

That's 7 days.

That's 168 hours, but who's counting?

Right . . .  .

Anyway, at 8:50 a.m. I clearly heard the Lord speak and then felt the urgency to get there.

Pine Summit's Sunday School begins at 9 a.m.

Clearly we (Kaitlyn and I) were late; but were we?

I believe, we, I, was right on time.

Music pierces my soul.

I might be able to put on a face and tell you everything is fine; but when it comes to singing (as awful as my singing is), I can't sing fakeness (I know, that is not a word, but it's my word.)

This morning, every single song cut into the depths of my being.

Made Me Glad by Hillsong

"I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust Him at all times
He has set my feet upon a rock
I will not be moved
And I'll say of the Lord


You are my Shield, my Strength
My Portion Deliverer
My Shelter, Strong tower
My very present help in time of need


Whom have I in heaven but You
There's none I desire beside You
You have made me glad
And I'll say of the Lord


You are my Shield, my Strength
My Portion Deliverer
My Shelter, Strong tower
My very present help in time of need"


In the middle of this song, I heard, "pst, do you REALLY believe that He is your Shield and Strength?  Do you REALLY believe He is YOUR Shelter?  Your Strong Tower?  Your very present help in time of need?  Cause IF you REALLY did, then why would last week have brought on doubt?"

Then the tears began.  I thought, "I've failed God."


Then the choir presented us with That's When God Steps In and we got to sing along with them.

But that stinking "pst" appeared again.

Has it ever visited you, or am I the only one that deals with "psts?!"  The other word for "pst" is guilt, just in case you didn't recognize it.

"If you REALLY believe God is going to step in, then why did you want to quit last week?  Shame on you.  Once again.  You failed God."


And yes, more tears fell.

At that moment, I reached for my Bible, to leave; but something made me stay.

I know now, that today's sermon, was God ordained for me to hear.

To hear that sermon, entitled, "Conviction:  What Do I Believe?" click Pine Summit Baptist Church Sermon's Online

Through the entire message, I kept thinking, "I've failed God.  I am so sorry, Lord.  Forgive me.  I can't believe I failed you."

It was then I was prompted to look in my concordance to see what the Bible says about "failing God."

I was surprised to find the word, "failure," written only one time in the Holman Christian Translation, and it is found in Romans 11:12, "Now if their stumbling brings riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full number bring!"

Their failure, rejecting Christ.

Doesn't say, "doubting Christ," or wondering where He is . . . . it says "rejecting" Christ.

As I am writing/looking up words and "thinking", "failed God, doubt . . . who am I?   What kind of faith DO I have?  Oh Father, forgive me!"  Pastor Donnie begins answering them! 


He says, "Failing is doubting and staying there."


"Faith is doubting and moving on!"  (WOOHOO!  "I didn't fail you, Lord!)


"Belief that does not trust in truth, leads to skepticism."


"Belief that trust in untruth, leads to delusion."


"Belief that trusts in truth, leads to conviction."

Then I realized, Satan was trying to deceive me, bring in confusion, and guilt; just like he did with Adam and Eve.


Over and over, it's his same tactic; and we, unless I'm the only one that does it, fall for it every time!


John 8:44 tells us satan is the author of lies.


In I Corinthians 14:33, we see that God is the not the author of disorder, but of peace; which means it is satan that brings disorder and conflict!


Oh I hope and pray you will take the time to listen to the sermon posted.  It was amazing.


Please know how valuable you are.


Please know, regardless where you are in your walk with the Lord, He loves you.  He wants what is best for you.  His plan for you is not to harm you, but to prosper you.  


Know that it is satan that is coming to steal, kill, and to destroy, but Jesus; He comes to give life, and give it abundantly!


And by the way, while listening to the songs as I was uploading them, I was able to sing them from beginning to end . . . .  regardless of my circumstances :)

No comments: