Sunday, April 22, 2012

Secret Desires

I can not believe it has been almost a month since my last post.  I have had a million and one things come to my mind to write about, but have been so tired and preoccupied with puppies, that I have put it off and put it off and put off, till here I am almost 4 weeks of nothing.

I want to take a quick minute and share what the Lord did this week for me and my family.

At the beginning of last week, I sent an email to a friend of mine that works in "social services," giving out food and clothing to the low income.  I was so embarrassed to even have to write her and ask for help, but I did.

We were out of soap and shampoo.  My email was simple, but blunt.

Her reply was, "I have a Wal-Mart gift card with $25 on it.  Will that help?"

We were able to buy the necessities needed for a few days with thankfulness in our hearts.

Friday, I picked up a friend to do some errands.  She got in the car with a bag.  In the bag were some bottles of shampoo and soap she had bought but she didn't like.  They made her itch!  Hmmm.  Not only were there used bottles of soap, there were also two new bottles of the same items.  Oh, and the soaps were for sensitive skin with no fragrance . . .  exactly what Kaitlyn and Chris need to use.

I hate it for my friend that the products she purchased made her itch, but it just shows that God can use ANYTHING to meet the needs of His children!

I could tell story after story of events that have happened like this over the last 20 months, but this one showed me how even my secret needs are known to my God; and that my friend, makes me smile.

My husband started a job last Friday.  He is working part time in the library at Pensacola State College through their work study program.  My husband LOVES to read.  He reads three and four books at a time.  God placed him right in the middle of Chris' hearts desire . . . a library.

I am continuing to hope and pray this difficult season in our lives will be coming to an end very soon.  If not, then I will continue to glorify God in His many ways of meeting our needs . . . . and even our wants.

Not sure what you are going through this very moment; but I want you to know, my God, the Creator of the Universe, He knows the secret needs and desires of your heart.  He will see you through.  He will never fail you.  You are valuable to Him.  You are the apple of His eye.  He loves you.  You are never alone.


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Stacey, what you described are perfect examples of serendipitous moments; my post for S in the A to Z Challenge...Yes, God is good and HE will provide-you juwt never know the whens and the wheres. I actually started following earlier so didn't realize you were away for so long-Welcome Back! and I will hold you in my prayers...

Flying high in the sky.... said...

God Bless and keep your family wrapped in his love and warmth :)...