Monday, March 26, 2012

Resurrection Basket

I saw this on fb a few weeks ago and decided it was be a great project for me and the kids to make for Easter!

Plant an Easter Garden! Using potting soil, a tiny buried flower pot for the tomb, shade grass seed, & crosses made from twigs. Sprinkle grass seed generously on top of dirt, keep moistened using a spray water bottle. Spritz it several times a day. Set it in a warm sunny location. Sprouts in 7-10 days so plan ahead. The tomb is EMPTY! He is Risen! He is Risen indeed! ♥



After thinking on it a bit, I decided to change it up and make a "Resurrection Basket" instead.

Every year we have Easter Baskets, but wanted to really bring the focus to Christ through this craft.

I purchased this basket from the Dollar Tree a week or so ago.



The I lined it with two pieces of saran wrap and put holes in them so water can seep through and hopefully not rot the basket!



Placed a pot in the middle . . . sorta.  (Once I got the dirt on top and around it I did scoot it a little more forward.)


Added the dirt to the top and in front of the pot.



We then added pebbles and rocks.  I wanted a pebble trail from the cross of crucifixion, to the tomb, so we changed that as well (from the original idea).

The kids grabbed several twigs in the yard and I made three crosses using some garden twine I had in the green house.  Not perfect, but too many times we make the cross a beautiful thing when it was truly a gruesome scene that day.

Once we got the pebbles and crosses in place, we sprinkled grass seed over all the dirt, trying to not get them in the pebbles (yeah, right!).  We couldn't afford to go buy the kind of grass seed the original directions said to use, so we used what we had.  We didn't have a smooth stone to use either, so Christopher went around the yard and picked out a big, bulky, ugly rock!  LOL!









 TA-DAH!    The finished product!  Now to wait and see it grow!
I set it on a plant stand in the corner of the porch that would get much son and out of the way of the puppies!


Any other time that would be the end of this post, but NOT this time!


On my way home from a missions conference form my church Saturday night, my phone rings.  It was my husband.

He said, "You're gonna be really mad.  I mean you are gonna be REALLY mad, but YOUR dog, the ONE THAT LOVES YOU, did it."

Me.  "What did Momma Dog do?"

Chris said, "No.  Not Momma Dog.  Trouble."

Me (thinking, what could she do that would make me angry . . .  she's a pup!?!) . . . "What did she do."

Chris.  "Well, I went outside to get them all in, and she had your basket in her mouth."

Me.  "Basket?  What basket?"

Chris.  "The one you and the kids made today."

SILENCE.

It was too dark to take pictures when I got home that night, so Sunday morning I went out to investigate. 

 The crime scene.


 The tomb.


 The basket.




The perpetrator. 
 "Trouble" is the precious pup sitting closes to the front with a black snout.  She loves me.  Every time I go out she pulls and tugs on  me till I pay attention to her.  She's precious, and she's a beaut; but she still ATE MY BASKET!  ;)  Seriously though, we have to change her name!  While she is the most mischievous, she would SO love to be a lap dog!


We will make another one, it will just be in the ground as I am not going to go buy another basket.

I felt like this was something we could do together.  It was not be costly.  We used what we had; AND we had a great time doing it!   

We spoke about the death of Christ; about the the two thieves that died the same day Christ died.  We spoke of how one believed that moment and would be in Glory with Jesus, and how one refused to accept Him.  

In life, we have a choice to make.

To NOT choose, is to choose.  

The scriptures tell us if we do not choose to follow the Lord, then we choose death . . .satan.  

It's a cold, hard, truth that many choose to ignore.

There will be a day when every knee will bow before King Jesus.

I pray you are able to celebrate Easter this year knowing the Resurrected King Jesus!



No comments: