Monday, June 21, 2010

You Mean My Ways Aren’t His Ways?!? LOL

My kids wake up between 4 and 6 a.m. nearly every day; with that said I rarely get a "quiet time" first thing in the morning, BUT, this morning, the Lord gave me that blessing.

I use several translations when I read and study my Bible.  This morning I read out of a Bible I purchased shortly after giving my heart to the Lord, "The Life Recovery Bible.   It's written in the New Living Translation.  It's not marked up much as I used it mostly to read as a story, so I could begin to get a grasp, or try to somehow begin to comprehend this "book" that breathes life.   Another reason I purchased this particular Bible was because it is written as a "12 step program" that is Christ based, with devotions throughout the Bible that carry you throughout the entire Bible.  It is a glorious and fabulous Bible to read and study if you are interested in "getting back to the basics."

Anyway, I tell you all that because of two verses that just jumped off the page, they are verses 30 and 31 of Proverbs 21.  Now, I have read that chapter several times; but reading it in this translation ..... it just spoke volumes to my soul.  What's so crazy are these two verses are "things" I already know, however; having the Lord use them to remind me has been very comforting this morning. 

Verse 30 reads, "Human plans, no matter how wise or well advised, cannot stand against the Lord."

Verse 31 reads, "The horses are prepared for battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord."

I am a planner.  God made me that way.  I get very, very anxious when MY plans do not go as I have "planned."  Over the last few months, the Lord has shown me time and time again that my ways are not His ways.  My busy schedule of doctor appoints and therapy sessions and AVON deliveries while carrying for everything else was about to push me to the end; so, as crazy as it is, I've cancelled the therapy sessions for my kids that take place twice a week because I have to be home.  I am not making ANY deliveries for AVON except on Wednesday and Saturday's ..... and if that doesn't work for my customer's, then that's OK.  The Lord will take care of my business and He will take care of the customer's that need different needs.  I'm OK with that.

Now, I  need to state I do not believe that we are not to make plans.  I believe schedules and order of services are needed to maintain structure and some sort of sanity to life; HOWEVER, what I have to do is be sensitive to the Holy Spirit that is within, and when He sends me on a DETOUR, remember my ways are not His ways and He has bigger and better things for me than I can even imagine.

So, I am thankful for the hour I had of solitude this morning.  I'm thankful for Memaw as she helps me fold my two baskets full of towels and I'm thankful that while my spirit is weak, I am girded for battle, and praising God for the Victory!

Where He leads me, I will follow :)

No comments: